- Columbia Tribune - Open Column - Business principles shouldn't apply at MU, by Karen Piper, March 12, 2009.
- Columbia Tribune - MU faculty slam cost-saving measures - Curators have final word on proposals, by Jenna Youngs, February 5, 2009.
- Columbia Missourian - AAUP calls UM president's proposal a "backdoor salary cut", by Linden Wilson, February 5, 2009.
- Letter dated February 4, 2009 from the AAUP-MU EC expressing strong concerns about proposal for MU employees to pay into their retirement funds.
- A similar letter, dated February 5, 2009, from AAUP-UMKC, is available from their web page.
- This link provides impact statements from various institutions of Higher Education in Missouri, submitted in December 2008.
- Memos from President Forsee and Chancellor Deaton concerning expenditure reductions.
- Columbia Tribune - Forsee asks for campus efficiencies - Chancellors asked to list significant cuts, by Jenna Youngs, January 14, 2009.
- Columbia Missourian - Forsee memo tells UM campuses to cut back 'significantly', by Tim Lloyd, January 14, 2009.
- Letter to Columbia Tribune - Athletic spending weakens MU's case for more funds, name withheld, January 15, 2009.
MU in the NewsSee also "responses from the media" to the "General faculty meeting" below, and "Economic Crisis" above.
- Columbia Tribune - MU faculty favor policy on disputes, by Jenna Youngs, November 3, 2008.
- Columbia Missourian - New MU faculty grievance policy is up for vote, by Kelsey Allen, October 26, 2008.
- Inside Higher Ed - Grievances About Grievance Procedures, by Andy Guess, October 16, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Grievance policy stirs MU faculty debate, by Jenna Youngs, October 14, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Dissident faculty concerned about grievance revisions, by Jenna Youngs, October 12, 2008.
- Columbia Missourian - Straightforward solutions needed for complicated problems, by Eddie Adelstein, September 30, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Faculty Council considering new MU grievance program, by Jenna Youngs, September 26, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Faculty complaints, Chancellor nullifies grievance panel findings, by Abraham Mahshie, August 10, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - MU dean looks west for future, Med school chief is Arizona finalist, by Abraham Mahshie, July 29, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - MU sports deal fueled surgeon's departure, Orthopedic chair sought team care, by Abraham Mahshie, July 23, 2008.
- Letter by Eddie Adelstein, August 17, 2008.
- Letter by Lowell Schoengarth, August 24, 2008.
- Letter by B. Sonny Bal, August 31, 2008.
- The Maneater - Editorial: MU Achieving its Goals, by Ryan Meyer, Alumnus of MU's College of Education and Nuclear Science and Engineering Institute, July 9, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Provost's decision criticized, program halted in bid for grant, by Abraham Mahshie, June 8, 2008.
General faculty meeting to discuss Compete Missouri
This took place in Cornell Hall Bush Auditorium on Thursday, May 8, from 3:30 to 5:00. This meeting took place as a result of a petition signed by 67 faculty.
There is now a discussion forum for Compete Missouri at http://www.competemissouri.info. Please support this by participating.
Responses from the media:
- Audio recording of the meeting, May 8, 2008.
- Flyer advertising the faculty meeting: talkingpoints.flyer2.pdf.
- Two documents put out by the administration in July and August 2007 that describe Compete Missouri: CompeteMissouri.pdf, CMprocess.pdf.
- Other documents: aaup-facts-08c.pdf, QuickFacts.pdf.
- Open Letter to Chancellor Brady Deaton from Curators' Professor Ira Papick, May 9, 2008.
Other links and documents:
- Columbia Missourian - Petition prompts special meeting with MU faculty to discuss MU's fiscal future, by Danny Lawhon, May 1, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Rare MU faculty meeting to challenge chancellor, by Abraham Mahshie, May 6, 2008.
- The Maneater - Faculty to address budget shortage, by Gwen Daniels, May 6, 2008.
- KOMU - Compete Missouri Faces Scrutiny, May 8, 2008.
- KOMU - Decreasing Faculty at MU, May 8, 2008.
- Columbia Missourian - MU faculty members voice concerns over cuts, by Danny Lawhon, May 8, 2008.
- KRCG - MU faculty voice concerns, May 8, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Freshman class has a big look, by Abraham Mahshie, May 8, 2008.
- Columbia Tribune - Chancellor gets an earful, by Abraham Mahshie, May 9, 2008.
- The Maneater - Compete Missouri debated, by Erica Zucco, May 9, 2008.
- The Maneater - Editorial: Fancy buildings never taught us anything, May 9, 2008.
- KBIA - Discussing MU's "Compete Missouri", by Janet Saidi, May 9, 2008.
- STLtoday - Mizzou faculty protest own pay raises, by Associated Press, May 9, 2008.
- Columbia Missourian - Compete Missouri might enhance MU's reputation, by George Kennedy, May 10, 2008.
- http://www.competemissouri.info. This is a discussion list.
- http://provost.missouri.edu/FCProvBudgetBrkfstsFora.html. This link was provided to us on April 3, 2008, and is possibly the web page referred to by Chancellor Deaton and Provost Foster in the general faculty meeting of April 1, 2008 (partial recording available here).
- A response to the meeting from Chancellor Deaton and Provost Foster was sent on May 21, 2008.